Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dylan Set To Release New Album In April

That's right, word is the American legend will follow 2006's bluesy Modern Times with "raw-country love songs, sly wordplay, and the wounded state of the nation" for a so far unnamed new effort. This purportedly twang-filled effort that is set for a late April release includes accordion on nearly every track thanks to Los Lobos' David Hidalgo. Track names include "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'," "If You Ever Go To Houston," "This Dream of You," "My Wife's Home Town," and "It's All Good."

I'll leave you with the same lyric sample that the Rolling Stone article where I first learned the news opened with:

"I'm listening to Billy Joe Shaver and I'm reading James Joyce.
Some people tell me I got the blood of the land in my voice"

Bob Dylan - Things Have Changed
from Tell Tale Signs: Bootleg Series Vol. 8 (2009)
Billy Joe Shaver - Thunderbird
from Electric Shaver (1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment