Thursday, May 21, 2009

Links, News, & Pictures for May.....

I don't have any super-interesting links or news today, but there are few things I've been wanting to share with my readers, so you may find some filler.....-------------

So for the real point of this post.... I wanted to brag a little and mention a couple milestones I've recently reached for my blogging/music collecting career.

Last Tuesday, sometime between the hours of 7 and 8 am, This Mornin' I Am Born Again received its 100,000 visit. Now that may not sound like a lot in the large scheme of the internet, but it sure as hell is lot more interest than I ever thought this little place would garner. It took nearly a year-and-a-half, which comes out to about 230 visits/day. There was a time last year when I was averaging closer to 500 hits/day, but I simply couldn't keep up with making 2-3 posts per week. Now, most of the other blogs I read (which, judging from their stats, you probably do too) blow these numbers out of the water, but, hey, I'm just one dude at his computer. And to keep my posts genuine and authentic, I don't post about music that I don't like. So if there's no good music being added to my library, there's generally nothing new on this page.

And speaking of my music library....

In a fortuitous coincidence, the same time my blog crossed a nice, round, LARGE number, so did my iTunes library. I added the 10,000th song to my computer with one of the tracks from the leaked Wilco (The Album) earlier this week. Again, I could have reached this number a long time ago (there are nearly 400 live Ryan Adams shows on Archive.org, remember?), but I like to be able to shuffle my enite library and not have to hear crap.

Whether related or not, just when I reached these marks, I had a hard drive crash. The 43 gigs of music doesn't even take up 1/7 of my available memory, so I doubt that was the cause. I would say it was just Dell's way of making money (creating parts that stop working after a year), but I was under warranty, a new hard drive was shipped out, and after some tense moments backing up files, I'm back in business.

----------------

Reloading my Photoshop catalog on this new disc, I came across pictures from some recent shows I've attended and decided I needed to share them. I don't have the energy for any sort of live show review, so here are some of the 'keepers' I've snapped over the last couple months.

Ray Wylie Hubbard @ The Mucky Duck - 3/21/09

Justin Townes Earle @ The Mucky Duck - 3/22/09

Amy Lavere @ The Mucky Duck - 3/22/09









Mike McClure Band @ The Firehouse Saloon - 4/18/09





Slaid Cleaves @ The Mucky Duck - 5/9/09

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone brother. Keep up the great work.

    You need to interview Ryan Adams for your 1st interview. You never know--hit him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100,000 hits - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats----I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Payton, love the site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks again and again, payton. cograts on 100K!

    ReplyDelete