Thursday, June 11, 2009

Links & News for June....


Well, just as I said I had plans to increase my post frequency, work kicked my ass and I went an entire week without a post. Oh well, no hobby should ever be stressful, so I won't fret. In order to easily get some new words up on this page, here are some links and news I've come across recently.
  • Rollo & Grady posted the tracklist to the new Avett Brothers Album, I And Love And You - out on American (Columbia) Records later this year.
  • Aquarium Drunkard interviewed Steve Earle regarding his latest effort, Townes. Steve enlightened us to the song choice/recording process for the tribute album.
  • Amazon.com had the mp3 version of Ryan Bingham's Roadhouse Sun available for $3.99 for a limited time. Sorry, the album is now more expensive - only $8.99 - but still includes an exclusive track.
  • Pitchfork reported that Conor Oberst, Jim James (My Morning Jacket), and M. Ward - who've toured together frequently - are releasing an ablum together. Monsters of Folk (the name of the supergroup and the album) will be available September 22 and will reportedly feature new originals from each member.
  • Also reported on Pitchfork, The Jayhawks have readied an anthology entitled Music From The North Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment